Saturday, September 8, 2018

A little update on where I am right now

Well it's been a long way here, but in mid 2016 I got an immigration visa to Canada. I managed to come here and became a Permanent Resident. I also found a job at a big Software Company. I was clear with the Canadians during the medical exam about my schizophrenia and they had me see a psychiatrist who was impressed by how high functioning I was. She told me that it was very rare and apparently her recommendation got me in here.

She was also a muslim which has helped me shed some of my prejudice of islam (even anti-stigma advocates hold some prejudice sometimes). Here in Canada life has been easier than in Lebanon, mainly because I earn more and I am able to live on my own and afford more things that I need. I am still look for a life partner, but have resolved that this will come in time.

I am currently applying for a business visa to the United States. I am afraid that the previous events of my 2014 psychosis will haunt me here. But I will take it one day at a time.

One final thing I like to say about my current home Canada. This is indeed a great nation. They have accepted me as I am and opened up a whole new life for me. Canada is indeed the land of opportunity. God Bless Canada.


No comments:

Post a Comment