Monday, February 8, 2016

Losing Friends

One of the worse aspects of psychosis was how I have lost friends. I had built relationships with people during three different occasions and lost them when they saw me psychotic.

Recently I have told two former friends about the condition through online chat. They seemed understanding, but then later when I have tried to reconnect and meet with them, they didn’t want to. I had lost them.

But I am reminded of a say by a french poet: “It is better to be hated for something that you are than loved for something you are not”. I suppose those were not real friends.

I do have one friend that I have told about my condition years ago and I still see him. The illness has helped to figure out who are real friends and who are fake friends.

2 comments:

  1. "The illness has helped to figure out who are real friends and who are fake friends." Couldn't have said it better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's like the old saying, a friend in need...

      Delete